Monday, August 11, 2014

Zsa Zsa & Eva

"Zsa Zsa & Eva"


These two are quite the pair. Yes " dahling," these tables are named after the ridiculously over the top, outlandishly over-glamorous, Hungarian divas ZsaZsa and Eva Gabor. Sisters that lived oh-so-lavish life styles that were similar, but not exactly the same. Such is the case of these tables.  Look closely, one has more "glam" than the other. 

Table on the left has 2 gold inlays.
Table on the right has only 1 gold inlay.

 But really who's counting when you have this much glam... Like with the gabour sisters - Eva only had five husbands, while ZsaZsa had nine. Does a little more or a little less really count when we're talking about things SO over the top? Well apparently it did to them...but not so much in the case of these tables. They might be a bit different but they are equally fabulous!

I'll be honest in had no idea they were different when I bought them. I found them at one of my local consignment shops. They caught my eye while I was driving by and I knew I had to have them! They looked the same to me. I cleaned them, I primed them (ok the hubs did that, gotta give credit where credit is due), I painted them, I glazed them...and only when I went to apply the gold leaf did I notice the difference. Observant, aren't I???

I really love how these turned out. The glaze gives the color some depth and the gold makes them pop. So. Glamorous!





These tables scream glitz and glamour! They'd be absolutely fabulous in a Parisian boudoir or girly and glamorous living room. Please visit https://www.etsy.com/listing/199611299/pink-gold-nightstands-end-tables?ref=shop_home_active_1 for pricing and details. 

Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment