Sunday, March 10, 2013

Miranda - The Country "Bad-Girl"

Meet Miranda...
The Country "Bad-Girl"


I loved working on this project and I love this chair! It turned out WAY better and funkier than I could've ever imagined. I found her at a local thrift store and she was U.G.L.Y. There's no other way to say it. UGLY. But she was in excellent shape, marked with a May Stern & Co label, and she had really pretty curves and details. I'm a sucker for chairs to begin with...especially those with nice curves and details. So of course, I HAD to buy her. Like her pee colored seat?? NOT! That's not a typo - I did type "pee" NOT "pea". This is what happens when you talk to a 3yr old all day everyday. ...I digress.


Anyways, I got her home and didn't really know what to do with her. First things first I suppose - remove her pee colored upholstered seat. I gotta give this girl back her dignity! Four layers of upholstery and several layers of prehistoric batting later, I finally got down to bare wood. This little lady had been well loved --several times over. But who's judging?

I sanded her down and primed her up in a dark brown primer figuring I'd distress her afterwards to accentuate her curves. A few coats of wax and ...gorgeous! The upholstery on this project was not so simple. I seriously went to the store like 5 times trying to find something I liked. Nothing was screaming "Buy me! I'm the one". Fabric talks to me. Pathetic, I know. So does food. That's a topic for another blog... Then I spotted this print. Crazy right?!?! Why not???


Shes done and I love her! I'm naming her Miranda, after Miranda Lambert of course. She got this "trashy" vixen red color, and country cowgirl fabric, kinda feel to me. Makes me think of the bad-girl anthem "Fastest Girl in Town".




If your interested she's on my Etsy store of course. Check her out - www.etsy.com/red-chair-queen-anne-style Someone give this trashy little country vixen a home. She'd look great pretty much anywhere...an entryway, a porch, a desk, or a bedroom. If anything she's an AWESOME conversation piece!

No comments:

Post a Comment