Thursday, July 3, 2014

Jade


Jade
 

I've been working on this Moroccan inspired table for several weeks now. Oddly enough my inspiration came from a quick furniture pic on an HGTV commercial. I guess that's what happens when a lot of hours of your day are spent sitting in front of the TV feeding a new baby. It's a wonder that I haven't tried to convince my husband that we NEED to flip a house site unseen, or  maybe demolish our perfectly fine kitchen for a full "reno" --HGTV gets my "project gears" turning. 
Every. Time. 

Anyways, the table... It came from a consignment store back in my hometown of North Canton in Ohio. This Drexel piece is clean and in excellent shape, stamped "Heritage" in the dovetailed drawer. It was a great find!


 

 The emerald paint color was a risk for me. It's bright and bold and I really, really loved it on the color chip, but wasn't sure if I would really love it on a whole table. And that's A LOT of work and time spent to possibly NOT really love it, ya know what I mean?  As for the pattern - I love chevron, and for awhile that was my go to pattern - but that was before I found quatrefoil. Isn't it fabulous? It's so chic and has an awesome Moroccan flair. It's all hand painted and the gold is a perfect match for the jewel toned emerald. I switched out the hardware for some Moroccan inspired drawer pulls, painted the drawers in a contrasting and bold orange/coral, and finished the table in dark wax. Magnificent!




 
  

This table is a great accent for any room and is sure to be a conversation piece wherever it finds it's final home. Please visit my Etsy Store for pricing and details.

Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment