Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Accessorize...!

I've been such a slacker this last month- Not at painting and working on projects, but at posting my projects for sale on Etsy. In April we took a much needed vacation to Disney; and by much needed I mean our first vacation in 7 years, and our first vacation as a family EVER. Then in May my husband ran the Pittsburgh Marathon and the following weekend we ran the Cleveland half marathon together. SO, I've been doing all kinds of other stuff, but totally slacking about getting stuff posted online. There just never seems to be enough time in a day...

But all this "outdoorsy busy-ness" means one awesome thing - Spring and summer are here! It's seriously my FAVORITE time of the year AND the perfect time to spruce up your house and accessorize! This warm weather provides all kinds of color inspiration for me in the way of summery colors like magenta, watermelon, coral, sea-foam green...and my very favorite of course- Caribbean turquoise and aqua. It's like a beach party of all things warm and summery in my brain. So I'm adding a few accessories this week, and then next week I've got several fabulous end tables/night stands I'll be listing. And, many of you have been wondering about the sewing table turned to bar cart. Well that's coming too, after I work out some of its "kinks". Lets just say that project, is truly A PROJECT. I guess all good things take time, right? 

Anyways, back to accessorizing! First up is this stunning mirror finished in a bold, custom mixed Magenta pink chalk paint, dark glazed, and heavily waxed. The color is inspired by these peony that bloomed on the side of our old house in Ohio. Gorgeous!


The frame is all wood, with adorning ornate gesso carvings at the corners, and it features its original antique glass mirror. The mirror does have some areas of pitting and ghosting but that's to be expected due to its age. And this thing weighs a ton, 23.5lbs to be exact. Truly and awesome thrift store find!


Pretty before, but awesome after some sprucing up!




 





It would look amazing above an entryway table, a dining room buffet, and it would add a bold pop of color above a bedroom dresser. Please visit my Etsy site at http://www.etsy.com/vintage-magenta-pink-antique-mirror

Happy Shopping!
~Amy



No comments:

Post a Comment